Want to join one of our groups, but don’t know where to start? Have a read of our FAQ below.
What classes do you offer?
- Visit our main Youth Theatre page (or Young Company if you’re aged between 18-25) to find out about all our different classes.
- We run Youth Theatre classes every day of the week (Monday – Friday), catering for ages 5 – 18.
How do I know if you’re accepting new members?
- Click an individual class to see if there is currently space available or not.
- We try to keep this as up-to-date as possible, but if you’re unsure, it’s best email our Youth Theatre Manager, James at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
The class I’m interested in currently has space. How do I join?
- Great! Contact our Youth Theatre Manager at email@example.com to be sent a sign-up link. It’s as simple as that.
The class/classes I’m interested in don’t currently have space. What’s the best way to get a place in future?
- Not a problem! Fill out the following form to join our Waiting List
- The Waiting List is our first port of call when inviting new members to join us.
- We usually send out invites between terms during holidays but sometimes spaces can be become available midway through a term.
- When filling out the form, please indicate all the possible groups you would like to be contacted about in the event a space becomes available during this academic year.
- We recommend selecting as many groups as possible to maximise your chance of being offered a place.
I really want to join X class on a specific day of the week, even though I can attend other dates. What should I do?
- We highly recommend joining the first group that you are offered even if it isn’t your first choice of group.
- This is because we offer priority to current members who wish to switch between groups during the holidays before offering places to new members.
- For example, if you wish to join the Friday 8-10s performance group but find that it is full for this term, you have a better chance of being offered a place there for next term by joining the 8-12s Skills group in the meantime to become a current member of Strange Town, rather than applying again as a non-member.
I really can’t do any time/date than X class. What should I do?
- If you are truly unable to make any other time/date than a specific class, you can indicate so on your Waiting List form.
- Please bear in mind that historically some of our groups have proven to be very popular and often have long waiting lists to join. These include the Friday 11-14s and Tuesday 14-18s, which are often chosen by members moving up from a younger group.
- We do not recommend indicating that you can only join either the Friday 11-14s or Tuesday 14-18s unless it is the only option available to you as you may be waiting for a long time. We offer other options for both those age groups (Wednesday 11-14s and Thursday 14-18s) so we recommend applying for both to maximise your chances of an offer.
I’m not sure if my child is interested in drama but they would like to try. What should I do?
- We do offer a taster session rate of £10 for the first class. However, we will always prioritise membership applications from those interested in the full term so please bear this in mind.
- The 5-7s and 8-12s Skills classes are great introductions to Strange Town if you’re considering joining as both classes are focused on developing skills rather than an end-of-term performance and as such are more flexible options than our performance classes.
Do you run any classes during the holidays?
- Yes! We run holiday camps during Easter and the Summer holidays to Create-a-play-in-X-days.
- At Easter, we usually run 2 day camps for 8-10s and 11-14s.
- In the Summer, we offer 5 day camps in July for 8-10s, 11-14s and 14-18s.
- Check our previous projects on our Holiday Projects page.
- You can register your interest in Holiday Projects specifically by also filling out our Waiting List form.
I wish my child to join, but I’m unsure that I can afford the term fee.
- We offer discounted and free bursary places for all of our classes.
- Check out our Access Fund – Bursaries page to find out more.
What about the Agency?
- Head to the Agency page for more information and to make an enquiry.
I have further questions.
- For questions about the Youth Theatre, Holiday Projects, the Waiting List or prospective membership, please get in touch with our Youth Theatre Manager, James at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about the Young Company, please get in touch with our Creative Director, Steve at email@example.com
- For questions about the Agency, please get in touch with our Creative Director, Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about bursaries, payments or anything else, please get in touch with our General Manager, Jessica at email@example.com